Almost 2 years ago, we called Feldco to have new windows put in.2 men showed up at the door ready to get started.
One of them did not speak English very well and was older. The younger man was telling him what to do. They were super nice and worked hard. When they were finished it was dark but I noticed a large scratch in the front of my house smack in the middle!
I told the older gentlemen that he had scratched my siding and I pointed to it. He took an oil rag and wiped over it and now it is a big old smudge. The younger man was itching to get going as he was racing around and on his phone. He seemed to be stern and bossy with the older man and It made me feel bad for him.
So when he put the oil rag over the scratch, I hoped for the best. It's like I didn't want to get him in trouble. Months went by, and we noticed more and more scratches. I called feldco and told them.
They sent someone out to take pictures. We also asked about our sliding screen door as we noticed a gap in the corner where flying bugs were getting in and it wasn't closing properly. He said we needed a new screen door and that the men didn't put it in right. He was concentrating too much on the screen door when I said "What are you going to do about the siding?".
He runs his finger across it and says "I don't know...this is old siding anyway". I told him that wasn't the point. It still didn't give them the right to scratch it with their ladders. He said "Oh yea, I know.
Let me talk to () and we'll see, but I don't know what we can do. You need new siding anyway". He then tells me my screen door will be in in a few weeks and they will call me. Months pass.
I forgot about the door in the winter we didn't go out that way. We are incredibly busy people. Finally, we thought of it and called and the lady put me on hold and said they would have to get back to us but it looks like it was ready. They never called back.
We called again and they made an appointment with us and put in the new screen door and adjusted the handle to the glass door that came loose. I asked about the siding again. The same guy took pictures AGAIN. Said the same thing.
Ran his finger across the siding AGAIN. (Which had sediment due to age). Then he left. Some more time passed and they called us and said "You can't say your siding is scratched when its been over a year." This is according to THEIR records.
Even though you are supposedly being recorded each time. My husband was so aggravated that he settled on $200 worth of gift cards and the guy was telling him how lucky he was to get that. A week ago we had a problem with the sliding glass door screeching. We called them and they said it would cost us $ this time.
Our door is over a year old. Warranty? Nope. Doesn't cover that.
Asked if we could use the gift cards that state on the back of them : For products and services. They told my husband not on labor. What services do they offer that are not labor related???? The reason I don't take further action is I blame myself for not saying something faster and for not keeping up with it.
Like I said, the guys were super nice and were working so hard. I was too passive. I made them stay to redo a few things.
I was really picky about the caulking job and that too we had them come back out to fix.Still, the caulking is bad and the framing around the windows aren't done as nice as I would have liked either.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Window Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "The worst experience ever. I had s couch delivered and the delivery drivers destroyed my house. All my trim and my doors. They took a hammer to my walls. When..."
- "I ordered three peppermint plants, ($22.00) and they all died with in a week. I very careful followed the instruction sheet for care and handling of these plants. They started dying..."
- "Contacted Ford tire warranty again for bad tire value stems. They warranty department did not take my concerns seriously would not return my phone calls. I only had 6,000 miles..."