Almost 2 years ago, we called Feldco to have new windows put in.2 men showed up at the door ready to get started.
One of them did not speak English very well and was older. The younger man was telling him what to do. They were super nice and worked hard. When they were finished it was dark but I noticed a large scratch in the front of my house smack in the middle!
I told the older gentlemen that he had scratched my siding and I pointed to it. He took an oil rag and wiped over it and now it is a big old smudge. The younger man was itching to get going as he was racing around and on his phone. He seemed to be stern and bossy with the older man and It made me feel bad for him.
So when he put the oil rag over the scratch, I hoped for the best. It's like I didn't want to get him in trouble. Months went by, and we noticed more and more scratches. I called feldco and told them.
They sent someone out to take pictures. We also asked about our sliding screen door as we noticed a gap in the corner where flying bugs were getting in and it wasn't closing properly. He said we needed a new screen door and that the men didn't put it in right. He was concentrating too much on the screen door when I said "What are you going to do about the siding?".
He runs his finger across it and says "I don't know...this is old siding anyway". I told him that wasn't the point. It still didn't give them the right to scratch it with their ladders. He said "Oh yea, I know.
Let me talk to () and we'll see, but I don't know what we can do. You need new siding anyway". He then tells me my screen door will be in in a few weeks and they will call me. Months pass.
I forgot about the door in the winter we didn't go out that way. We are incredibly busy people. Finally, we thought of it and called and the lady put me on hold and said they would have to get back to us but it looks like it was ready. They never called back.
We called again and they made an appointment with us and put in the new screen door and adjusted the handle to the glass door that came loose. I asked about the siding again. The same guy took pictures AGAIN. Said the same thing.
Ran his finger across the siding AGAIN. (Which had sediment due to age). Then he left. Some more time passed and they called us and said "You can't say your siding is scratched when its been over a year." This is according to THEIR records.
Even though you are supposedly being recorded each time. My husband was so aggravated that he settled on $200 worth of gift cards and the guy was telling him how lucky he was to get that. A week ago we had a problem with the sliding glass door screeching. We called them and they said it would cost us $ this time.
Our door is over a year old. Warranty? Nope. Doesn't cover that.
Asked if we could use the gift cards that state on the back of them : For products and services. They told my husband not on labor. What services do they offer that are not labor related???? The reason I don't take further action is I blame myself for not saying something faster and for not keeping up with it.
Like I said, the guys were super nice and were working so hard. I was too passive. I made them stay to redo a few things.
I was really picky about the caulking job and that too we had them come back out to fix.Still, the caulking is bad and the framing around the windows aren't done as nice as I would have liked either.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Window Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15 Just like most products, if..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "I ordered three peppermint plants, ($22.00) and they all died with in a week. I very careful followed the instruction sheet for care and handling of these plants. They started dying..."
- "Is this 'create your own' pizza worth 32$? Theres a hole in the pizza and when I try to pick up a slice, the crust stays in my hand without..."
- "The worst experience ever. I had s couch delivered and the delivery drivers destroyed my house. All my trim and my doors. They took a hammer to my walls. When..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."