We saved all our pennies about a year or so; then dialed up the phone 8 -6 -6 -4 - F E L D C O.
Neil was the one to answer our call, Robert came out to measure the wall.
Three weeks later came the call to install!
Squished through the doorway the window was wide; the door jamb has gouges impossible to hide.
The height was perfect, the window too narrow; the gaps were filled in with wood scraps and foam marrow.
The casing too large now had to be cut; rough plywood reveal had to be covered up.
After sanding and varnishing what did we see? White blotches popping out quite obviously!
We sanded that plywood and varnished some more; the splotches popped out just like before.
Our nice new window fully installed; the interior finish we are greatly appalled!
Robert came back to practice photography, “Something like this I never did see”
Two week later we were still holding tight; Neil rang us right back, said “we’ll get this made right”
Ed called and said No, can’t be us – the problem must be with the factory ---or me!
Now finishing wood is a hobby I pride in, Ed quickly retracted, the factory he’d confide in.
Now here is something I’d like to know, Shouldn’t that have been done weeks ago?
HMMMM…two weeks more; Will a call come one day - On our costly garden window that’s simply OK?
Now each time into our new bath we go, we think unkind thoughts when we think of FELDCO :(.
THE RESPONSE AFTER THIS POSTING WAS A CALL FROM LISA OFFERING TWO GIFT CARDS IN – WHAT I THOUGHT WAS RECOMPENSE – FOR THE DAMAGE TO MY HOUSE AS WELL AS THE DISFIGUREMENT ON MY NEW WINDOW.
I am greatly disappointed in the "Gift Cards" you sent. Not only do they not make up for the added expense of making your Feldco window look proper, it is a marketing effort to encourage us to spend even more money with a company that has not satisfactorily guaranteed their original work!
My door-frame still has deep gouges that was damage made by your installers - the wood on the window still has white blotches, We had to purchase additional wood trim to cover the cheap plywood facing of the window frame, and additional wood finish in effort to make everything blend to the multi-layers of varnish used in effort to cover your (FELDCO's) spillage of glue/foam/lunch/whatever that unknown substance is that is staining my $3,000.00 window. We are most unhappy.
NOW ANOTHER THREE WEEKS HAS COME AND GONE.
I naively thought the compensation offer for my additional expense to repair my door jamb and new window was rather generous. Unfortunately when the gift cards arrived, it was not assistance in rectifying my current situation, but rather marketing discount cards for the purchase of additional product! Why I ask, should I be willing to dish out additional monies to a company who clearly does not want to make the effort to honor an original guarantee for the product they offer, nor take responsibility for damaging my home in the process of installation. I've spent $3000.00 for a window with defect, and an additional $75.00 in material plus personal time to make this window acceptable. My excitement of finally affording a window I had longed for for years has dissipated to nothing but regret each time I think of what should have been and the reality of the situation.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "We have a horrible icicle problem in the winter, according to Leaf Guard it's due to "heat loss". Our patio roof was added on after the house was built, there's..."
- "Okay so exactly a week ago I bought a really cute ring that I mistakenly got in the wrong size. Today I took it back wanting a smaller size and..."
- "So my boyfriends grandma likes her little cute snacks such as chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbucks. I figured she had some key lime pie flavored ones, so it's been..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda (Bianconi, I believe her..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."